The third of the five key goals of the recently released national Ed Tech Plan is teaching. It’s important that teachers have the tools, resources, experts and peers they need to be highly effective and supported. Recently, we addressed the importance of creating a PLN (Personal Learning Network). Using free online resources, you’re not only gaining professional development by learning from content-area specialists, but you’re also able to do the following:
- Locate resources for your classroom, such as free websites and software
- Get lesson plan ideas from master teachers
- Learn about new technology and how to integrate it into your teaching
- Find and share collaborative solutions
- Read the latest news in education
It takes time and dedication to create your PLN, but the possibilities are endless. When you have a large group of people of similar interests combing through vast amounts of information and collectively identifying the most useful, entertaining, or valuable parts, you can’t pass up the opportunity!
P.D. Tips courtesy of Atomic Learning