T&L blogger Shelly Terrell recommends the following ideas to try in your classrooms.
T&L blogger Shelly Terrell recommends the following ideas to try in your classrooms:
● Game Creation: Try Hopscotch (at right), TinyTap (iOS/Android), Scratch MIT, Zondle, GetKahoot, Stencyl, SketchNation, GameSalad, Purpose Games, ClassTools, Game Maker Studio, Sploder, Gamestar Mechanic, X-Note, What2Learn, Kodu, GamePress, Adventure Games, and Textbased Adventures.
● Comics: My favorite comic creators are Makebeliefs, ToonDoon, Friendstrip, Comics Head, and Pixton (Web/iOS/Android).
● Infographics: Students can create infographics using Piktochart, Infogram, Adioma, Visme, Smores, Canva, or Genial.ly. For resources and ideas check out ShellyTerrell.com/infographics.
● Coding: For resources and ideas follow these hashtags: #coding, #kidscancode, #code, and #hourofcode.
● Social Bookmarking: Get students to bookmark their research with free tools and apps like Diigo, Pearltrees, Storify, Pinterest, Livebinders, and Educlipper.
● Global Projects: Skype or do a YouTube live event with classes worldwide. To connect with other classes try Skype Education, Epals, or Quadblogging.