IRVINE, Calif. (June 19, 2018) – Illuminate Education, the leading K-12 Education Intelligence Platform (EIP), announces the release of Illuminate version 11.0. This newest offering builds on Illuminate’s tools to promote educator and student success by increasing the platform’s accessibility and incorporating customer feedback. Illuminate 11.0 will improve the user experience through an upgraded look and other new features.
“The redesigned manual and hybrid assessment simplifies the assessment creation process for teachers. We've consolidated a multi-step process into a single page application providing teachers with a one-stop shop for building a manual and hybrid assessment,” said Senior Product Manager Carlo Schmidt at Illuminate Education.
Illuminate 11.0 includes significant enhancements:
- New menu and navigation: An updated menu and navigation provides a modern look and easier search functionality. New icons act as visuals to make content easier to find. These changes pave the way for future UI and UX upgrades across the platform.
- New manual and hybrid assessments: Illuminate has released a new version of its manual and hybrid assessment feature. A completely new, redesigned workflow makes assessment creation easier for educators.
- IMS Global LTI 1.0 Certification: Illuminate is now IMS Global LTI 1.0 certified. Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI) is a standard defined by IMS Global, a non-profit consortium defining open standards for educational technology. This certification will allow other LTI-compliant web-based applications to include Illuminate’s robust assessment creation and delivery capabilities, as well as any resulting assessment scores.
- eduCLIMBER and Illuminate Integration: Using Illuminate’s robust data platform and eduCLIMBER’s powerful data visualization, educators will now be able to harness the power of both systems. The initial integration enables Illuminate and eduCLIMBER to integrate efficiently and fluidly.
- Cloud Ready: 11.0 is the first fully cloud-ready version of Illuminate, and will be moving to a new cloud-based home. Moving to the cloud will provide enhanced performance, stability and reliability of the Illuminate platform as well as allow for future integration efforts.
“To continue our mission of offering the premier Education Intelligence platform for educators, the enhancements in 11.0 offer new capabilities, improved ease-of-use and perhaps most importantly, choice,” said Illuminate Education Chief Technology Officer Bryan MacDonald. “Illuminate believes in serving educators and students where they are, and our support for open standards is a core part of our product strategy.”
Additional Illuminate 11.0 enhancements include an English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) data import tool and reports, and automation of FAST and NWEA data imports. Illuminate 11.0 will go live on June 29.
To learn more about Illuminate Education, please visit https://illuminateed.com.
About Illuminate Education
Illuminate Education is a leading provider of K-12 software and services. An educator perspective drives all of Illuminate’s solutions, which are designed to maximize instructional time, streamline educator tasks and support data-driven decision-making. Illuminate’s award-winning Education Intelligence Platform consists of a product suite featuring data, assessments, student information, special education and reporting. Illuminate serves more than 1,600 school districts and over 5.4 million users including students, parents, teachers and administrators. Learn more at https://illuminateed.com.