Online tutoring and teaching has become a popular resource for students of any age to learn nearly any topic. It can be done at home on a computer or mobile device and is usually cheaper than traditional in-person tutoring. Students love the ability to view and choose courses that work for them.Teachers love the ability to earn extra money doing what they love, from the comfort of their own home— and on their own schedule.
*This list is in alphabetical order.
- BitDegree - Offers a wide variety of subjects to learn, including programming and coding. Educators can to make extra money by signing up as tutors.
- Chegg Tutors - A fantastic site where students can find a tutor in any subject, anytime 24/7.
- Classmill - A free site touting “Curated Learning” that lets participants create classes using links, videos, images, and more.
- Course Hero - A great homework help site where expert tutors specialize in their subjects and teach students with step-by-step instructions.
- eTutorworld - An excellent tutoring and test prep site where every session is recorded to help students revise and retain learning. Test prep includes SAT, PSAT, ACT, AP and many more.
- Happy Tutors - A free online community that connects tutors, students and parents. Tutors can pay a fee for extra exposure on Happy Tutors.
- Sophia - A polished site offering college credits where educators can share what they know via different teaching strategies such as blended instruction or flipped classroom
- Tutoo - A useful site allowing students to find either an online or local, in-person tutor.
- Tutor.com - One of the best and most popular places to go for online tutoring. Students can get help with any subject, including homework topics. The site features categories such as U.S. K-12 Schools, Military Families, Libraries and more. There are nice mobility features as well.
- Tutor Hub - A UK-based community where students can find answers to their questions or find an online tutor who sets their own rates.
- Tutor Hunt - This UK-based site is great for teachers interested in earning some extra money by tutoring online.
- WizIQ - Probably one of the most popular online sites for teaching/tutoring. There are different pricing plans available for students who take classes in a private virtual classroom. A free trial is offered.
- Wyzant - A fun place for students to find a tutor on any subject or for test preparation. Extensive FAQs and guidance offered for teachers/tutors.
- What is Remote Learning?
- 25 Social Networks/Media Sites for Education
- Effective Online Learning Practices
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.