Over the last few years online tutoring sites have really boosted in popularity. The reason for this is people just don't have the time or the money to spend at an actual tutoring center. Online Tutoring is an ideal solution, as it can be done at home on a computer or mobile device and is usually a much cheaper alternative. Also, online tutoring/teaching is a nice way for educators to earn some extra money doing what they love from the comfort of their own home, setting their own schedule. Plus, students love the ability to view and choose courses that work for them.
*This list is in alphabetical order.
- Buddy School - A excellent site for tutoring online with the ability to promote your classes and increase your teacher score (rating by students).
- Chegg Tutors - A fantastic site for students to find a tutor in any subject.
- Classmill - A free site that lets users create classes that includes links, videos, images, and more.
- Happy Tutors - A free place where tutors and students can go to find what they're looking for. Also, tutors can pay a fee for extra exposure on Happy Tutors.
- Sophia - A great site with a very polished look where educators can share what they know via different teaching strategies (i.e., blended instruction, flipped classroom).
- Tutor.com - One of the best and most popular places to go for online tutoring. Students can not only get help with any subject but homework as well. Also, there are nice mobility features.
- Tutor Hub - A UK-based community where students can find answers to their questions or find an online tutor who sets their own rates.
- Tutor Vista - A very popular site where students work in a one-on-one secure environment on an interactive whiteboard.
- Ulessy - A new easy-to-use site that is a cross between a online tutoring hub and social network for educators.
- WizIQ - Probably one of the most popular online sites for teaching/tutoring. There are different pricing plans available for students, who take classes in a private virtual classroom.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.