How active are your students during the school day? Walkabouts are simple-to-use, cost-effective online lessons that integrate movement into subjects like math, language and literacy. With Walkabouts by ActivEd, preK through 2nd grade students learn while moving. This online platform includes standards-based math and English Language Arts lessons.
The Walkabouts active learning platform lets teachers…
- Go beyond brain breaks by integrating movement into lessons. Teachers are able to see the benefits of physical activity without reducing instruction time.
- Get students out of their chairs to learn. The lessons are guided by characters Jax and Gia who introduce new concepts, or help students review old concepts.
- Use at-a-glance assessment. With movement integrated in a meaningful way, it’s easy for teachers to survey the room and see which students understand the lesson, and which need help.
- Create fun, new lessons in just four clicks. Teachers can search by state and national standards, to easily find the content relevant to their classrooms.
- Make homework fun. All students get access to Walkabouts at home, making homework active and informative.
cross posted at classtechtips.com
Monica Burns is a fifth grade teacher in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Visit her website at classtechtips.com for creative education technology tips and technology lesson plans aligned to the Common Core Standards.