- Find several fantastic visual winter and holiday writing prompts on these websites- Write About, PhotoPrompts (December archive and here), and Writing Prompts.
- MakeBeliefs Comix has several winter and holiday themed comic prompts, such as this one.
- Story Starters has a list of holiday picture prompts followed by some lines to help students write stories or poems.
- Boggles World has three creative writing prompts that explore the themes of a Santa rescue, a mystery, and bad labour relations at the North Pole.
- The AR Christmas Card (iOS/Android) app animates a greeting card before students’ eyes using augmented reality. This will definitely excite students and inspire them to create a story based on the action.
- Quivervision (iOS/Android) app has an augmented reality Christmas Tree marker students can color and write about.
- Larry Ferlazzo has several holiday videos listed here, which could be used as discussion or writing prompts.
- Download a free Tic Tac Toe Christmas and Hanukkah Writing Prompts board here. Students choose 3 of the prompts to complete.
- Inspire students to doodle with the December Doodle and Lettering Challenge.
- Buncee (Web/iOS) has a library of winter, holiday, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah stickers, templates, backgrounds, images, and clip arts for creating prompts.
- Canva (Web/iOS) also has a library of holiday themed images and backgrounds to create beautiful prompts.
- Adobe Spark (Web/iOS) has several holiday and winter themed backgrounds and images students can use to create video or visual prompts.
- Students can create their own augmented reality prompts with Layar, Aurasma, and Blippar.
- Recite has some holiday themed images for students to easily create a visual prompt.
- With PicLits, students choose an image then drag and drop words onto the image to create a writing prompt.
- With Image Chef (Web/iOS/Android) students can create visual poetry, word clouds, memes, and quote pics.
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is an education consultant, technology trainer, and author. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.