Documentaries are used in education all the time to educate and inform students about different nonfiction topics. While there are a ton of sites to choose from, I've decide to curate this list to make it easier for educators to find what they are looking for. This list is in alphabetical order.
10 Sites for Educational Documentaries
- Chockadoc - A nice site for finding documentaries with an educational category where people can rate videos as well. (Editor's note: Chockadoc's website is down temporarily while they switch servers. Visit them on Facebook to learn more.)
- Documentary Heaven - A great place to find 1000s of documentaries on a wide variety of subjects.
- Documentary Storm - A fun community for finding documentaries rated on a six-star scale. Users have the ability to leave comments and collaborate with others.
- Documentary Tube - A wonderful place to find documentaries where users can save documentaries by creating playlists.
- Documentary Wire - A simple site with lots of educational documentaries to browse through.
- DocumentaryZ - A great place to find free documentaries where people can search by most popular, subject, or best rated.
- Free Documentaries - This is a excellent place to find political and educational documentaries.
- John Locker - A nice place to find documentaries where people can rate and upload videos as well.
- Snag Films - One of the most popular sites for finding documentaries and independent films. Also, users can share these films and view on a mobile app.
- Top Documentary Films - A terrific site with lots of documentaries to search through where users have the ability to leave comments.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com