Brainstorming/mindmapping is an educational technique that's been around since the beginning of thought. It's a tool that facilitates new ideas and is collaborative in nature. And, with the use of web 2.0 technology, this concept has evolved into an ideal 21st Century technology for education.
Top 10 Sites for Brainstorming/Mind Mapping
1. Slick Plan - What's not to like? Easy to use, create beautiful flow charts, then embed to a site.
2. Thinklinkr - Real-time collaborative site where users brain storm and create a mind map.
3. Webspiration - The popular desktop application is now the web... nuff said.
4. Diagrammr- Quite simply the easiest mind mapping site to use, no registration is necessary, then share the URL w/ others.
5. Imagination Cubed- Nice looking site that is ideal for the electronic whiteboards w/ the ability to draw your own mind maps.
6. Edistorm- Real-Time mind mapping w/ sticky notes.
7. Education Eye- A great way to brainstorm w/ this innovative search engine.
8. Mind42- Nice collaborative mind mapping site that is easy to use.
9. Mindmeister- Beautiful looking mind mapping site w/ the ability to embed into a site.
10. Mindomo- One of the most detailed mind mapping sites w/ lots of web 2.0 features, such as sharing, commenting, etc.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.