Outlines are used frequently in education to organize content and show relationships among items. While creating an outline is nothing new, there are websites dedicated to increasing this skill and taking it to the next level.
- Webspiration Classroom - From the creators of Inspiration, a wonderful graphic organizer that now allows for online collaboration. One of the best visual outline creators on the web.
- Quicklyst - A free user friendly site for creating outlines. Quicklist also integrates with a search engine and dictionary for enhanced note taking. Study queues can be made as well.
- Knowcase - Create collaborative outlines with this easy-to-use site that features a drag-n-drop interface.
- Thinklinkr - A real-time collaborative outline creator that has a nice built-in chat feature to engage in project development.
- Checkvist - A great collaborative online outliner that has an abundance of features such as: gmail/browser integration, mobility, and nice import/export features.
- CRLS Outline Maker - Takes users through a step-by-step process to create an outline.
- Read Write & Think Outline Maker - A very easy-to-use outline creator that teaches how to create outlines.
- Loose Stitch - A nice fun site for creating collaborative outlines that can the be exported to a blog or website.
- Wisemapping - More of a mindmapper than pure outline creator, but still a great visual site that teaches the basic concepts of creating an outline.
- Mindmeister - A fun site for real-time collaboration that is ideal for creating brainstorms, mind maps, and outlines.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com