Updated! Discounts, competitions, news of events coming up, commentary, and advice about internet safety! And it's completely free!
Here’s what this issue contains:
- The hidden messages behind the launch of the Year of Code
- Year of Code funding announced
- Book Review: Two girls, one on each knee (7)
- To put it Bluntly by Derek Blunt (Guest article)
- Helping children in your care become good digital citizens by Simon Finch (Guest article)
- Let's create a better internet together by Penny Patterson (Guest article)
- Some notes from the Westminster Forum Online Safety Conference
- Some notes from the Inside Government conference on the future of computing in the curriculum
- Safer Internet Day Commercial Information
- Safer Internet Day: Other resources
- Ontology, Epistemology and Foucault by Jim Fanning
- Apps for Good: the celebrations
- E-skills UK events Two great events coming up in the next couple of weeks
- Competitions! Two great competitions – one for your school, and one for your pupils
- News and events Including a discount on a forthcoming conference
To subscribe go to Newsletter.
Your newsletter editor is hard at work sifting through the submissions for Digital Education, the free newsletter for education professionals. Have you subscribed yet?
Read more about it, and subscribe, on the Newsletter page of the ICT in Education website. We use a double opt-in system, and you won’t get spammed.
cross-posted on www.ictineducation.org
Terry Freedman is an independent educational ICT consultant with over 35 years of experience in education. He publishes the ICT in Education website and the newsletter “Digital Education."