In order to get the most out of Google+, you should look for co-workers, colleagues, and other interesting professionals to follow. Google+ allows you to organize the people you follow into Circles. Circles let you easily customize with whom to share your posts and other information when using Google+. In this Day 2 challenge, you will find some people to follow and add them to a new Circle.
- Login to your Smithfield Google account and go to Google+ by clicking on your name to the left of the "waffle button" at the top of the screen
- On the left side of the page, hover your mouse cursor over the "Home" icon and click on “People” in the menu that appears
- You should see a list of “Suggestions” of people you may know who are already using Google+. To add a person to your Circles, move your mouse cursor over the “Add” button underneath a person’s picture
- You can add the person to an existing Circle by clicking the box to the left of the name of the Circle. To create a new Circle, click “Create new circle”
- Type a name for your new Circle and click “Create”
- A window will pop up explaining what is involved when you add someone to a Circle. Click "Okey, got it"
Now that you have added this person to a Circle, you can do the following:
- You should now see that the “Add” button underneath the person’s picture now displays the name of the Circle you added them to
- You can also look for people to follow by clicking on the “Gmail contacts” or “Smithfield Public Schools” links under the “Suggestions” heading
- Share with them and see what they are sharing
- You can chat online with them if they also have you in one of their Circles (i.e. they Follow you back)
- They will receive a notification that you added them to a Circle, but they will not know which Circle you added them to
- The name and Profile picture of the person will appear on your public Profile
IMPORTANT TIP: When looking for people to follow and add to your Circles, check below their picture. If you see an icon, followed by "smithfield-ps.org, that indicates that this is the person's SMITHFIELD Google account. This will help distinguish between a person's personal and Smithfield accounts.