Willyn Webb and I contributed to the International Society of Technology Educators (ISTE) Literacy Journal. The journal features innovative ways to enhance learning with technology. Our chapter is called, "The future is in their hands: Using cell phones for literacy learning. Unlike other journals, there is no pay wall to access the journal. It is available free!
Here is what you'll find in the journal:
Table of Contents
Editor, Mark Gura Page 4
- Text Meets Video in the Blogosphere: Complex Informational Content for Today’s Students
by Dr. Rose Reissman Page 6
- Using Creative Technology to Engage Struggling Readers and Writers as Producers of Literature
by Melinda Kolk Page 12
- The Future Is In Their Hands: Using Cell Phones for Literacy Learning
by Lisa Nielsen and Willyn Webb Page 21
- Boosting Oral Language Fluency through Technology Intensive Literature Exploration (TILE), a Learning Centers Approach
by Kevin Amboe Page 32
- Learning to Teach with Edmodo: Social Networking-based Activities
by Kathy D. Shields Page 44
- Using Online Discussions to Develop Literacy Skills and Integrate the NETs
by Sandra Wozniak Page 54
- Student Led Podcast Projects Make Common Core Literacy skills Come Alive
by Dr. Rose Reissman Page 64
- Using Technology To Enhance Reading Skills For English Language Learners
by Kimberly M. Thomas Page 74
Interested? You can check out the journal below.
Read or Download as PDF (requires free registration)
Lisa Nielsen writes for and speaks to audiences across the globe about learning innovatively and is frequently covered by local and national media for her views on “Passion (not data) Driven Learning,” "Thinking Outside the Ban" to harness the power of technology for learning, and using the power of social media to provide a voice to educators and students. Ms. Nielsen has worked for more than a decade in various capacities to support learning in real and innovative ways that will prepare students for success. In addition to her award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator, Ms. Nielsen’s writing is featured in places such as Huffington Post, Tech & Learning, ISTE Connects, ASCD Wholechild, MindShift, Leading & Learning, The Unplugged Mom, and is the author the book Teaching Generation Text.
Disclaimer: The information shared here is strictly that of the author and does not reflect the opinions or endorsement of her employer.