What is Blended Learning? This is a question that I frequently think about and a term that gets tossed around in education. It's a smorgasbord of teaching strategies that uses analog and digital technologies to teach and learn. Below is a list of resources that can be used for Blended Learning instruction.
10 Sites for Blended Learning
- Answer Pad - Is a free visual and student based response system that educators use to blend learning and assess students in real-time on browser based devices.
- Been for Education - A educational tool that allows educators to browse and curate the web w/ students in a safe environment in real-time.
- Buncee - A fantastic and easy to use tool w/ educational portal that educators are using for blended learning, digital storytelling, creating presentations and more.
- Edmodo - A free and safe social learning environment where educators can collaborate w/ students and assess them to deliver best teaching strategies.
- EDpuzzle - Is one of the most popular resources on the web to flip a classroom or lesson. This is done by taking a video editing (i.e. cut/crop) it, adding questions, and generate assessments to blend learning. Also, it is ideal for student centered self paced learning.
- GoClass - A innovative tool that uses a web interface and mobile app to allow teachers to create digital lessons, blend learning, and generate detailed reports.
- Kahoot - Is a easy to use game based blended learning system that allows educators to assess students in a visual bar graph manner, while students take control of their learning.
- Khan Academy - A very popular resource for online learning where the user learns at their own pace through interactive exercises and videos.
- LessonPaths - Formerly known as MentorMob, LessonPaths allows users to create learning playlists to blend their, flip their classroom, and learn at their own pace.
- Otus - Otus is a new and innovative free learning tool designed for the iPad that allows educators to blend learning by creating a digital learning environment. Educators, can manage and track student performance, take attendance and notes, grade, and more.
- Blended Learning Tool Kit - http://blended.online.ucf.edu
- Blended Learning Infographics - http://elearninginfographics.com/tag/blended-learning-infographic/
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com