- Vlogbrothers Hank and John Green
- Entertaining episodes teach Science, Social Studies, Literature and more.
- YouTube Channel has Playlist of all offerings.
- Partnership with PBS Digital Studios = more courses.
- Build reading comprehension using daily news.
- Each article available at 5 reading levels.
- Archived and new daily articles.
- Assign articles and quizzes.
- Pro version offers annotation & more.
Simple English Wikipedia
- Articles use simple English words and grammar.
- Sentences short but information more than basic.
- Great for ELL, both children and adults.
- Use for collaborative writing with basic vocabulary.
- Create inspirational, powerful presentations.
- Limit text, use high-impact images.
- Simple, beautiful, fun”
- Share, embed, view on any web-enabled device.
- Web-based or iPad
- Use existing videos or upload, then add questions with your voice.
- Track student views and answers.
- Embed in LMS, website, or blog.
- Student-created videos are private.
- iOS, Chrome, Android (soon)
- Create presentations (your content or their libraries).
- Add animation as desired.
- Encourage student creativity while requiring critical thinking.
- Share via YouTube, Facebook or download.
ThingLink for Education
- Interactive images to develop 21st century skills
- Turn video into a new kind of conversation platform.”
- Add “Tags” (links to sound, video, text, etc.) to image.
- Embed or Share
- Desktop, iOS, Android; Premium at $35/year.
- Kids Conservation Organization (250,000+)
- Aims to educate and empower children to preserve wildlife
- Missions teach that collectively, impact can be made.
- Science activities and lesson plans
- Catalog of Smithsonian websites for students
- Art, Science & Nature, History & Culture, People & Places
- Categories link to multiple sites including games and activities.
- Educators link allows resource search by KW or Standards.
- Science and Math activities for out-of-classroom settings.
- Explore by Keyword or Topic.
- Currently available: DIY Lake Science app for iOS.
- Includes links to episodes of 10 PBS Kids Science shows.
Thank you for joining me and if you have an idea website I should include… please let me know. It might be part of what follows after 40! I hope you found this information something you can use in your school and to share with other educators. As always , I invite you to follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Please give this post a retweet and pass it on to someone who will benefit. To ensure you do not miss a future valuable post or other resource covering PBL,Digital Curriculum, STEM, 21st century learning, and technology integration please sign up for21centuryedtech by email or RSS. Have a great week… enjoy the Websites! – Mike (https://21centuryedtech.wordpress.com/
Coming Soon: Three Great Posts – The ABC’s of PBL and Deeper Learning, The Rest of the 40 Amazing Educational Websites, and More STEMtastic Resources. These are some wonderful posts you will not want to miss. Sign Up Now
Booking Info for Michael Gorman – Check out my Booking Page… Please contact me soon if you have an interest. I am almost booked through August and am already more than half full for fall of 2015 – Mike
cross-posted at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com
Michael Gorman oversees one-to-one laptop programs and digital professional development for Southwest Allen County Schools near Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is a consultant for Discovery Education, ISTE, My Big Campus, and November Learning and is on the National Faculty for The Buck Institute for Education. His awards include district Teacher of the Year, Indiana STEM Educator of the Year and Microsoft’s 365 Global Education Hero. Read more at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com.