All public schools must have accessible websites. With so many options, which platform should you choose? To help you figure that out in the alphabetical listing below you can:
- Visit the site
- Check out the accessibility guidance
- Watch a video clip from each platform as they share information about what they provided in a showcase to New York City school webmasters.
The platforms listed below are ones who demonstrated their commitment to school website accessibility by participating in the Website Accessibility Summit on November 5th in New York City.
This is the whole video and after that you can click on the link to go straight to a particular platform vendor.
- Blackboard / Schoolwires Accessibility guidance
- Website Accessibility Summit Showcase video for Blackboard Schoolwires
- Presentation: Blackboard / Schoolwires Accessibility Showcase
- eChalk accessibility guidance
- Website Accessibility Summit Showcase video for eChalk
- Presentation: eChalk Showcase
- Edlio accessibility guidance
- Website Accessibility Summit Showcase Video for Edlio
- Presentation: Edlio Showcase
- Google Sites accessibility guidance
- Website Accessibility Showcase Video for Google Sites
- Presentation: Google Showcase
- SchoolMessenger accessibility guidance
- Website Accessibility Summit Showcase Video for School Messenger
- Wix accessibility guidance
- Wix Accessibility Checklist
- Website Accessibility Summit Showcase Video for Wix
- Presentation: Wix Showcase
- Make WordPress Accessible
- Website Accessibility Summit Showcase Video for WordPress
- Presentation: WordPress Showcase
cross posted at The Innovative Educator
Lisa Nielsen (@InnovativeEdu) has worked as a public-school educator and administrator since 1997. She is a prolific writer best known for her award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator. Nielsen is the author of several booksand her writing has been featured in media outlets such as The New York Times,The Wall Street Journal, Tech&Learning, and T.H.E. Journal.