Funds For Learning offers the following tips for schools to prepare for the FY2016 filing window:
1. Make sure you’re set up in EPC, the online portal, to fill out the necessary Forms 470 and 471.
2. Check your current profile to ensure your corrections have been made and it contains the most up-to-date information.
3. Prepare and file any Forms 470 you may need for 2016, because the E-rate rules still require applicants to wait 28 days before proceeding with the rest of your application.
4. Begin gathering connectivity information so you're ready when the application asks for upload and download broadband speeds at each of your district locations.
5. Give yourself enough time to negotiate any contracts or approvals you need from your school governing board.
To learn more, visit https://www.fundsforlearning.com