The seventh annual National Robotics Week kicks off April 2 with a record number of events – more than 250 – taking place across all 50 states. To identify regional events, visit: http://www.nationalroboticsweek.org/Events.aspx.
Opportunities during National Robotics Week include panel discussions, robotics competitions, introductory robotics courses for kids, robot demonstrations and tours of innovative labs. A sample of events and announcements scheduled during 2016 National Robotics Week includes:
- Control the iRobot Create 2 with ‘Scratch’ - iRobot introduces Scratch programming blocks for the iRobot Create 2, a preassembled, programmable robot platform based on the company's popular Roomba® robotic vacuum cleaner.
- NRW National Kick Off event, Washington, D.C. (April 1 – 9:00am – 9:00pm PT) - The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, along with Infamous Robotics LLC, bring premier university robot teams from around the country together with the Robotics Inventors Club.
- The Greater Chicago Botball Tournament, Chicago, IL (April 10 – 10:00am CT) - The Botball® Educational Robotics Program engages middle and high school aged students in a team-oriented robotics competition.
- USC Viterbi School of Engineering Open House, Los Angeles, CA (April 14 – 9:00am – 4:30pm PT)- The USC Robotics and Autonomous Systems Center (RASC), the USC Viterbi VAST Program and the USC Viterbi Department of Computer Science will host their annual Robotics Open House to honor National Robotics Week. There will be approximately 60 robots on display, including socially-assistive robots that aid children and elderly, humanoid robots, underwater robots, tactile sensing robots, aerial drones, and biometric robots.
- Science Carnival & Robot Zoo, Cambridge, MA (April 16 – 12:00pm – 4:00pm ET) – This family friendly event will have robot enthusiasts of all ages exploring technology through live demonstrations and interactive activities.
For more information about National Robotics Week, go to: http://www.nationalroboticsweek.org/.