Follett Corporation today announced it has acquired Baker & Taylor, LLC, distributor of books, video and music products to public libraries and institutions, and a major wholesaler to retailers worldwide. With combined sales of $3.6 billion, the two businesses will offer librarians, patrons, educators and students access to curated physical and digital content wherever learning and reading take place in the community.
Baker & Taylor:
- Title Source 360 is the next generation collection development, selection and ordering tool for library and retail customers.
- Axis 360 is a digital media library and circulation tool that gives public librarians the ability to share digital content throughout the community.
- CollectionHQ is a professional tool librarians use to develop and improve their collections.
- Destiny Library Manager is the library management solution used by 60,000 PreK-12 schools. Follett Destiny centralizes access to enriched, educator-reviewed digital content and tools that help school librarians, staff and students locate and share resources.
- Titlewave is a PreK-12 curriculum support and ordering tool and offers chool librarians educationally-relevant and curated content, including print books, ebooks, databases and multimedia.