myON today announced the start of its fifth annual summer reading challenge, “Get in the Game and Read!”
myON’s “Get in the Game and Read!” Summer Challenge will launch on May 23rd and continue through the summer, ending on September 2nd. Prizes for top readers in elementary, middle, and high school will be awarded in the fall. For more information, visit the Summer Reading Planning Guide here.
States providing unlimited access to myON through the summer include the following:
- Tennessee Organization of School Superintendents (TOSS) is offering all district members access to more than 5,000 enhanced digital books and literacy tools.
- North Carolina Give Five, Read Five, with the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, will provide unlimited student access to myON through August 31.
- Get Georgia Reading offers all Georgia students access to myON’s digital literacy platform from April 15–August 31. Comparing 2015 to 2016, Georgia students have already tripled the time spent reading reaching more than 11,000 hours as of early May.
- Indiana Hoosier Family of Readers Statewide Initiative & Bicentennial Challenge offers myON books to students statewide, with a goal of having students read 200,000 books in 2016.
- Get Illinois Reading Campaign is partnering with the Illinois Association of School Administrators providing unlimited access to myON for all participating districts.