Vernier Software & Technology and the National Science Education Leadership Association (NSELA) recently awarded six educators with a Vernier Emerging Science Education Leader Scholarship (VESELS). The winning educators received a $500 scholarship to attend the NSELA Summer Leadership Institute (SLI) earlier this year in Omaha, NE.
The VESELS recipients include
- Sarah Adumat of Oshkosh Area School District in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Anissa Angier of Edmond Public Schools in Edmond, Oklahoma
- Alfonso Garcia Arriola of ACCESS Academy in Portland Public Schools in Portland, Oregon
- Heather Moll of Saguaro High School in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Amy Murphy, Ph.D., of University of Montevallo in Montevallo, Alabama
- Joseph Simmons of Hillsborough County Public Schools in Tampa, Florida
The six recipients have held an emerging leadership role at their school, district, state, or an informal leadership role for three years or less. The recipients will work with an NSELA mentor and communicate to others in NSELA throughout the 2017–18 school year about how they are applying what they learned at the SLI.
To learn more about the VESELS, visit http://nsela.net/awards/vsels.