SAM Labs has released research revealing that 78 percent of U.S. teachers feel they haven’t received the training they need to teach technology in the classroom.
Findings from the study include:
- Eighty-two percent of U.S. teachers believe that students who use technology in the classroom are more prepared for their future careers.
- 69 percent of teachers believe that technology can be used to support any subject.
- 78 percent of U.S. teachers report that they haven’t received enough training on the technology they’re asked to use in their classroom, meaning they are at a disadvantage in teaching their students
- 37 percent of teachers reported spending their free time learning how to best use the technology that they are implementing in the classroom
- One third (33 percent) wish they had more resources to help with tech-based lesson plans
For additional information on SAM Labs and its research, visit samlabs.com.