Optimum Lightpath, provider of Ethernet-based communication solutions for New York metropolitan area businesses, announced the recipients of its education technology grant program at its Long Island Education Technology Conference.
$10,000 Grant Winners
- Bethpage High School – Bethpage
- Forest Avenue Elementary/West Babylon JHS – West Babylon
- Harding Avenue Elementary School – Lindenhurst
- Lindenhurst High School – Lindenhurst
- North Babylon High School – North Babylon
- Sachem North High School – Ronkonkoma
- Sacred Heart Academy – Hempstead
- Saul & Elaine Seiff Educare Center – Bohemia
- Searingtown School – Albertson
$5,000 Grant Winners
- Frank J. Carasiti Elementary School – Rocky Point
- Harbor Country Day School – St. James
Schools receiving an Optimum Lightpath grant plan to fund a wide range of technology based programs, including distance learning, virtual field trips, creation of a living history museum, helping students with disabilities function independently, replacing textbooks with interactive E-books, participating in interactive global awareness projects and more.