Part learning management system, part social network, and part content management system, My Big Campus brings together tools for students and educators. With the Parent Portal, parents can see:
- Activity: Review announcements from their students' groups (classes, clubs, teams) and school, and new schoolwork assignments.
- Messages: Send/receive messages between parent, their student, and school staff.
- Schoolwork: View assignment descriptions and completed submissions, exchange comments with teachers, access reports.
- Kids Stuff: View and download content uploaded by their student.
- Calendar: See all district, school, group, schoolwork and personal events for their student.
- Groups: Monitor group announcements, pages, and resources. Group chat and discussions are not shown in the Parent Portal.
- School: Find school announcements, resources, and a staff directory.
The new Parent Portal can be seen at parents.mybigcampus.com. To keep students safe, parent accounts are created through SIS import; parents should contact their child’s teacher or school to get started on My Big Campus.