Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) has unveiled a new online initiative with the launch of Disney Digital Books, a new way for children to experience the joy of reading in a safe, interactive environment.
- More than 500 books at launch, offering children of all ages, reading levels, and interests a broad selection of books
- Look and Listen titles that allow children to hear the story read aloud
- A Story-Builder feature so kids can create and share their own memorable stories
- A “My Place” area that children can personalize
- An age-appropriate dictionary that lets children click on any word to hear it read aloud, select unfamiliar words, and read simple definitions
- Reading certificates to encourage budding readers
With hundreds of books available at the click of a mouse, children will find favorites from popular Disney franchises such as Mickey Mouse, Toy Story, Disney Princess, Cars, and Hannah Montana, along with many other classic Disney stories. New books and features, including some exclusive to Disney Digital Books subscribers, will be added on an ongoing basis.
A free trial of the service is accessible at www.disneydigitalbooks.com