There’s a Badge For That
By Richard Ferdig and Kristine E. Pytash
Digital badges have captured the imagination of many educators because they have proven to be an important way to demonstrate a shared understanding of accomplished outcomes.
School CIO: Who’s Afraid of Big Data?
By Dr. Steven Rubenstein
Big data is overwhelming, but it can also furnish important information about individual students, schools, and districts. Here is how one district created a school system and culture to embrace data as a partner in learning.
Tech Tools for Assessing the “Soft” Skills
By Cathy Swan
Should schools teach “soft” skills, such as communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking? Most colleges and workplaces believe the answer is yes. This article provides a variety of examples of tech tools that can help you teach and assess these skills.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
News & Trends
• Top 10 Online Stories
• BLOG BITS
• TOP TWEETS
• This Ain’t Your 70s Snow Day
• Site We Like
• When was the last time you downloaded an education app?
• Why We Still Need Librarians
• Considering New Learning Spaces
• Resources for Digital Literacy
• FCC Boss on E-Rate Reform
• Study Reveals Parents See Room for Improvement for Educational Media
• Conversations from the Tech Forum Livestream Archive
• Event Round-Ups