An easy way to increase or decrease spacing between lines in Word is to do the following:
- Select the text you want to change
- Then press CTRL + 1 to set the spacing to single-space,
- CTRL + 2 to double-space,
- and CTRL + 5 to do a 1.5 spacing.
Inserting the date and time in Word:
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the date or current time
- Press Alt + Shift + D for the Date.
- Press Alt + Shift + T for the time.
Again, I can't take credit for these as being my own. I was just very fortunate to have the opportunity to be involved in a wonderful TLP grant where we learned all these handy tricks. Hope they help!