LEGO® Education is celebrating its 40th birthday with the worldwide launch of its newest educational solution, LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime. SPIKE Prime brings together LEGO bricks, a programmable, multi-port Hub, sensors and motors all powered by the SPIKE App based on the Scratch coding language, along with 32 lesson plans. SPIKE Prime will continue LEGO Education’s legacy since 1980 as a pioneer in hands-on learning, transforming the way students learn STEAM subjects.
LEGO Education SPIKE Prime is available for purchase today for $329.95, and will be featured at the Bett Show in London on January 22-25.
With teacher training, getting-started guides, and free lesson plans, SPIKE Prime is designed to be easy for teachers to integrate into curriculum. Three in-person training courses delivered by LEGO Education Academy-certified teacher trainers are also available to ensure teachers have everything they need to integrate SPIKE Prime into existing curriculum and lesson plans.
LEGO Education Master Educator Program
Applications for the 2020 Master Educator cohort are now being accepted. Interested educators in Australia, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States are invited to apply through April 30, 2020. Details about the program, application process and program eligibility can be found at: LEGOeducation.com/MasterEducators.
To learn more about LEGO Education’s new solution, visit: www.legoeducation.com/meetSPIKEprime.
- Designed for ages 10+, grades 6-8
- Costs $329.95 per set, which can be shared by two students at a time
- Based on the drag-and-drop Scratch coding platform and available for iOS, Chrome, Windows 10, Mac and Android
- 32 lessons help get teachers started and make integrating SPIKE Prime into a variety of classes from science and math to social studies and language arts incredibly easy
- Ensures that multiple classrooms can share sets within a school with streamlined 45-minute build + lesson time
- Includes 11 new innovative elements developed by LEGO Education and the LEGO Group, first seen in SPIKE Prime
- Available for purchase on the LEGO Education website or through authorize resellers
- Brings STEAM creativity and engagement into afterschool programs, robotics clubs, coding programs and maker spaces with the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Expansion Set by LEGO Education (sold separately)
- The Expansion Set and Competition Ready unit can now be used in competition by robotics competition teams, including FIRST® LEGO® League and World Robot Olympiad