You can create your own newspaper article with the Newspaper Clipping Generator. I saw this tip mentioned on Twitter by Tammy Worcester and made my own clipping to share with you, featuring how-to directions.
Think about how you can use this with your students:
- You can use this as a way to motivate or engage your students about a new project or assignment.
- Have your students create a clipping for a writing assignment.
- Have students create a clipping as part of their history assignment from the time period they are studying.
Create an article of your own:
- Go to Newspaper Clipping Generator
- Fill in the fields for...
- Click the Generate button at the bottom of the page. (I clicked this button several times to see what my article looked like and kept on working until I was happy)
- Name of your newspaper (keep it short because only the first part of the title appears)
- Date of your article when you want it to appear
- Headline for your article (think of a catchy title)
- Your own news story (about 100-200 words)
How do you share your clipping?
- Click the Click here to save your newspaper. This saves your clipping as a .jpg file.
- Right-click (Windows) or control-click (Mac) on the image to copy it to your clipboard. In doing this, you can rename and shorten the title.
- You can either insert your image into a PowerPoint presentation, Word document, Video, Website, or blog.
There are other things you can do on this site like create your own clapper board.
Next Tip: Engaging Email