Houghton Mifflin Harcourt today announced the availability of Journeys Common Core ©2014, the latest edition of its K-6 reading program. Rebuilt for the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and incorporating a suite of digital learning tools, the new curriculum provides an in-depth approach to coverage of the standards.
Journeys Common Core © 2014 features new instruction and application in the four strands—Reading, including Foundational Skills, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Language. Students engage with a variety of complex texts on a daily basis through close reading, performance tasks, and writing opportunities.
New highlights include:
- Common Core Reading Practice and Assessment App, offering practice questions, quizzes, and performance tasks that provide real-time reporting
- HMH Readers App, featuring the Journeys Leveled Readers database
- myWriteSmart, an online writing tool creating a space for collaboration with teachers and peers
- Digital Teacher Gateway and ePlanner
- ePub Vocabulary in Context flip cards
For more information about Journeys Common Core, visit: www.hmhco.com