Explore the intersection of Social Emotional Learning and STEM Education, the STEM pipeline, and much more.
The virtual Summit takes place on October 28, 12:00-3:00pm ET.
STEM education aims to prepare students to solve the big problems of the world. But we now realize that it’s not enough just to know how to code and calculate. Creating solutions -- especially for today’s issues -- means tapping into our humanity. It means developing skills of empathy, compassion, self-discipline and social awareness, among others.
Explore the connection between STEM and SEL at this year’s SmartBrief Education STEM Pathways Summit. Topics slated for this year’s event include:
- SEL driving STEM education
- STEM and STEAM for early learners
- Nurturing the STEM educator pipeline
- Crashing the barriers of equity and diversity
- Helping students see themselves in STEM career fields
- Developing the next-generation of entrepreneurs
- Creativity and design
This event is designed for educators, policymakers and industry professionals working in STEM. Audience members include K-20 Career and Technical Education administrators and directors, K-20 directors of STEM education programs, K-12 superintendents, K-20 STEM specialists, K-20 STEM educators and professors, College and Career Readiness professionals.
- Take a deep dive into the future of STEM in education
- Understand critical thinking within the classroom
- Understand real-world ways to address the STEM skills gap, and prepare students for careers in STEM fields
- Networking opportunities and virtual booths allow you to interact with industry leading speakers and sponsors
- Connect with peers on how they are approaching STEM
- Arrange 1:1 meetings after the event with the brands you are interested in
- Take part in Q&A during event sessions
- Join the conversation on Twitter and see the live feed in the event hub using #SBSTEM21 @SBEducation
- Download valuable documents and resources throughout the event