Week of: December 24, 2007
- Birmingham Schools to Get XO Computers
The city of Birmingham, AL is buying 15,000 XO laptops for $200 each from One Laptop Per Child, enough to supply every student in grades one through eight in Birmingham city schools with a laptop.
- New Teachers Prepared To Use Technology
Most teacher education programs for initial licensure say their graduates possess the skills and experience to integrate technology into instruction.
- Napa To Create 21st Century Classrooms
Napa Valley Unified School District will be creating 21st Century classrooms at Napa and Vintage high schools, based on its flagship New Technology High School model.
- Distance Learning Serves Maryland County's Gifted Students
Distance learning is allowing Maryland's Anne Arundel County Public Schools to address the needs of highly gifted students and distribute resources more equitably.
- Researchers Create Responsive Virtual Teacher
Researchers in New Zealand have created a virtual teacher who can respond to a distant student's emotional states.