During every face-to-face workshop or coaching session, I try to show teachers a few websites that can help make their job easier. Hereâ€™s a few you can share with your teachers.
- 4teachers.org was created through ALTEC at the University of Kansas to offer teachers free online tools such as Rubistar, PBL Checklist, NoteStar, Web Worksheet Wizard, Think Tank, and Project Poster. Also resources for professional developers.
- Aim High provides a complete breakdown on Bloomâ€™s Taxonomy.
- Dr. Macâ€™s Amazing Behavior Management Site provides 1000â€™s of tips on classroom management.
- Fact Monster provides interactive activities, games, quizzes around facts and trivia.
- Looking for downloadable forms and letters, go to Teacher Tools for almost anything your teachers might need.
- Laura Candlerâ€™s File Cabinet provides an extensive list of thousands of blackline masters and downloadable activities.
Use this site or create a quick web page with links to the sites so your teachers can quickly access the resources and check them out. There are many more free resources available that I will share in later PDQs.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Themes for Teachers