Develop a Personal Learning Network (PLN) with social networking sites like Facebook, blogs, Twitter, wikis, social bookmarking tools, LinkedIn, and so many more. Some of the best lessons start with an idea you picked up from another teacher. Online discussions and chats allow you to connect, at your convenience, with others who have similar issues, interests, and ideas.
In addition to gaining professional development from content-area specialists, here are more ways that educators are using their PLN’s:
- Locate resources for your classroom, such as free websites and software
- Get lesson plan ideas from master teachers
- Learn about new technology and how to integrate it into your teaching
- Find collaborative solutions
- Find interesting links to education news
When you have a large group of people combing through vast amounts of information and collectively identifying the most useful, entertaining, or valuable parts—it only makes sense to tap into this collective knowledge!
P.D. Tips courtesy of Atomic Learning