The Kahoot! EdTrends Report, a new quarterly report, addresses the latest edtech trends in the K–12 market. Key findings of the first report include:
● Google is gaining a stronghold in classrooms, with Chrome OS growing quickly for computers, Apple’s iOS dominating on mobile devices and tablets, and Microsoft holding its ground with classroom computers, especially among teachers.
● Google Classroom/G Suite for Education is the most popular productivity suite in classrooms.
● The biggest incentive for educators to adopt edtech is improving student productivity—specifically: to improve student learning and outcomes, to motivate students, and to encourage student engagement.
● In the coming school year, schools will see the increased use of digital platforms for teaching, learning, and assessment, as well as the rise of personalized learning.
● Educators in public schools are grappling with budget constraints and lack of resources, while the biggest challenge for private school teachers is lack of training in new technology.
For the full report go to www.techlearning.com/sep17