- Screencastify is a Chrome extension that records your desktop and screen. The free version records up to 10 minutes and is quick and easy to use.
- Screencast-o-matic is a web tool to screencast up to 15 minutes and publish to Youtube.
- Nimbus is another extension to screencast, but is better for screenshots and creating visual how-to guides.
- Screencast with your iPhone. Check out this awesome graphic by Tony Vincent to learn more!
- Lensoo Create is an iPad and Android app to record what happens on a tablet’s whiteboard.
- Explain Everything is my favorite iPad app for recording what happens on a whiteboard. You can add pdfs, images, drawings, shapes, colors, and more! You have so many possibilities from digital storytelling to flipping the classroom to creating how-to videos.
- Other iPad apps similar to Explain Everything are Educreations (web version), Screen Chomp, and ShowMe.
- Jing is another tool to capture your screen. You need to download it.
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is an education consultant, technology trainer, and author. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.