Those who feel limited in creativity and flexibility due to rigid curriculum can introduce engaging, educational apps into after school programming. This part of the school day often gives students (and their teachers) more choice.
During this block of time you may want to incorporate one of these apps that promotes content creation and exploration:
- Shutterfly Photo Story (create scrapbooks & tell stories)
- Edu.buncee.com (creation & presentation tool)
- Adobe Slate (storytelling on any topic)
- Geography Duel (learn states & countries)
- colAr Mix (augmented reality coloring pages)
- TinyTap (game play & creation)
- DIY Human Body (science experiments)
- Toontastic (cartoon storytelling)
- Virry (animal exploration & game play)
cross posted at classtechtips.com
Monica Burns is a fifth grade teacher in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Visit her website at classtechtips.com for creative education technology tips and technology lesson plans aligned to the Common Core Standards.