Graphic Organizers, including mind maps, Venn diagrams, infographics,and other tools, allow teachers and students to organize and present facts and ideas visually in order to facilitate teaching and learning. The web tools and apps below have made it easy to create beautiful and productive graphic organizers.
*This list is in alphabetical order
- bubble.us - A popular web-based tool that allows users to to create mind maps, save them as images, share, collaborate and present.
- iBrainstorm - A free iOS app for iPad and iPhone that lets users organize ideas with digital sticky notes, and offers quick and easy multi device sharing.
- Checkvist - A great site for planning projects and organizing tasks and to-do lists.
- Conceptboard - Design and create a digital interactive whiteboard to increase collaboration sharing and productivity.
- Mind42 - Mind42 offers simple, free collaborative mind-mapping software that runs in your browser. Can search publicly shared templates by tag or popularity.
- MindMeister - Stylish mind mapping site offering the ability customize maps and embed into a site or blog.
- Mindomo - One of my favorite brainstorming sites that also lets a user flip their classroom, collaborate, comment, and much more.
- MURAL - Use digital sticky notes to create and organize lists, flowcharts, diagrams, frameworks, methods and drawings. Integrated with Dropbox, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Google Calendar and other top apps.
- Popplet - Suitable for web and iPad, Popplet helps students to think and learn visually by brainstorming and mind mapping.
►What is a Bitmoji Classroom and How Can I Build One?
►15 Apps and Sites for Augmented Reality
►Best Tools for Teachers
- StormBoard - Provides online brainstorming and collaboration in real-time, with certified data security. Integrated with popular apps such as Google Sheets, Slack, Microsoft Teams and others
- Storyboard That - An excellent site with an education portal that teachers use to create timelines, storyboards, graphic organizers (t-charts, grids, etc.), and more. Lesson plans are included.
- Super Teacher Worksheets - An amazing site offering a wealth of educational resources, printable graphic organizers, and worksheets for all subjects.
- Venngage - Users can create stunning infographics, mind maps, timelines, and more. Browse thousands of infographics, brochures and more in their gallery.
- Webspiration Classroom - From the creators of Inspiration a very popular web based program for creating visual brainstorms that can then be turned into an outline with one mouse click.
- WiseMapping - A free collaborative, web based open-source tool, great for creating visual mind maps and brainstorms.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.