Join us for our monthly #NYCSchoolsTechChat on Thursday, July 5th at 7 pm EST.
During this month's chat we'll reflect on past #ISTE experiences and prepare for #ISTE19 taking place in NYC's backyard right in Philadelphia, PA.
#NYCSchoolTech teacher Eileen Lennon moderates with me throwing in my two cents.
You can prepare for the conversation by thinking about answers to these questions:
- What advice do those who’ve attended #ISTE have for #NYCSchoolsTech newbies? #NYCSchoolsTechChat
- Here’s a fun question. #ISTE19 is in Philly. What must we do, see, eat?
- Call for proposals begins in August. What kind of topics might you submit? Share here and maybe you’ll find others who want to collaborate. https://conference.iste.org/2019
- If you could only attend one day or two days which are most important? Why?
- #ISTE takes place during the school year for #NYCSchoolsTech staff. How can you convince your supervisor to release you? #NYCSchoolsTechChat
- #ISTE is expensive. Best ideas for funding? Also, who wants to share transportation and housing? Shuttle bus? Air B&B? What are your best suggestions? #NYCSchoolsTechChat
- Check out what others said they may want to propose. Any interest in collaborating? Connect. Share what interests you! #NYCSchoolsTechChat
Chat details are below:
Date: Thursday, July 5
Time: 7:00 pm
Topic: #NYCSchoolsTech Summit
Your Host: @eileen_lennon (@NYCSchools)
Co-Host: @InnovativeEdu (@NYCSchools)
Remember to respond using the hashtag #NYCSchoolsTechChat and include the number of the question you are answering in your response i.e. A1 and your answer.
We hope you can view the chat live, but if you are unable, please visit our archive at https://www.participate.com/chats/nycschoolstechchat. You can also participate in the chat at that link or if you have an iPhone download the app at https://www.participate.com/apps.
Lisa Nielsen writes for and speaks to audiences across the globe about learning innovatively and is frequently covered by local and national media for her views on “Passion (not data) Driven Learning,” "Thinking Outside the Ban" to harness the power of technology for learning, and using the power of social media to provide a voice to educators and students. Ms. Nielsen has worked for more than a decade in various capacities to support learning in real and innovative ways that will prepare students for success. In addition to her award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator, Ms. Nielsen’s writing is featured in places such as Huffington Post, Tech & Learning, ISTE Connects, ASCD Wholechild, MindShift, Leading & Learning, The Unplugged Mom, and is the author the book Teaching Generation Text.