Boxlighthas partnered with Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn to create a showcase classroom that will enable K-12 teachers and students to experience the full capacity and impact of interactive instruction technologies. The two organizations will launch the product suite, located on the college’s campus, in a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for April 20, 2016, from 9 a.m-10:30 a.m.
The technology showcase will feature Boxlight’s interactive classroom technology and the advanced classroom solutions from its recent acquisition, Mimio. Visitors to the classroom will be able to see and experience the following products:
• An 84-inch 4K ProColor interactive flat panel display and integrated OPS computer that provides ultra high resolution and accommodates up to 10 points of touch for optimal classroom collaboration
• A 70-inch ProColor interactive flat panel display and integrated OPS computer with ProColor Whiteboard Wings that provide protection for the flat panel as well as dry erase writing surfaces
• A Rainier height-adjustable mobile mount for the 70-inch interactive flat panel so educators have the flexibility to choose the location and angle of the display that best suits their purpose
• Boxlight’s dual-monitor digital podium that allows the presenter to more easily manage content and create seamless transitions
• Labdisc, the all-in-one, hand-held wireless STEM lab for every science
• A Labdisc cart for charging and storing Labdisc devices and student tablets
• DeskBoard, a portable, height and tilt adjustable desk surface made interactive via attached ultrashort throw interactive projector
• A P12 finger-touch interactive projector featuring up to 10 touch points of interactivity for optimal classroom collaboration and paired with an 89-inch dry erase board
• A height-adjustable, capacitive 47-inch interactive table that is ideal for group learning activities
• MimioView™ document camera for creating vibrant lessons with high-definition images or video
• MimioStudio classroom software for integrating all the classroom technology
• MimioMobile collaboration and assessment app that lets schools get the most from their mobile devices
• MimioTeach, a device that turns any whiteboard into an interactive whiteboard
The long-term plan for the technology showcase facility is to expand its purpose even further, with the college eventually using the product suite for educational events and teacher training.