From building learning apps and games to digital design and innovations, schools are increasingly becoming centers for creativity. In a new EdTechNext report issued today, Students as Digital Creators, CoSN (the Consortium for School Networking) examines this transformation in school systems nationwide – and how they are proving beneficial to students and educators.
To lead and promote digital creativity throughout a school system, educators offer the following tips:
- Start with something you do well.
- Start with conversations.
- Start young.
- Mine out-of-school programs for ideas.
- Encourage digital creation and regular instruction.
- Get creative with space, scheduling, curriculum and assessment.
- Get creative with professional development.
- Redefine collaboration.
- Communicate and engage with parents.
- Connect your efforts to college and career
To read the full report, visit: cosn.org/ed-tech-next-reports.