Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) today announced the six teachers that have been named recipients of the 2016 180 Educator Awards, which recognize teachers who have encouraged struggling students to turn their lives around by helping them develop reading and math skills.
The awards, now in their tenth year, honor educators who have helped the progress of students enrolled in reading and math intervention programs READ 180, MATH 180 and System 44.
The six 180 Educator Award winners were selected using data that demonstrates significant reading or math improvement based on students’ average Lexile™ or Quantile™ gains, as well as colleague and student referrals.
The 2016 180 Educator Award winners are:
- Cynthia Berg,McKinley Elementary School, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Trenquilla Francis,Vista Del Lago High School, Moreno Valley, California
- Julie Gallegos, Bernalillo County Juvenile and Youth Service Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Olga Pacot,Citrus Elementary School, Fontana, California
- Eric St. Clair,Central Daughin School District, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Craig Topolski,Floyd Light Middle School, Portland, Oregon