CodeCombat announced that it has added major new capabilities including Game Development and Web Development, and quadrupled the number of levels available to users of its original Learn to Code module.
CodeCombat enhancements, available Sept. 1, include:
- A new Game Developer module that allows students to create their own games that can be shared and played with friends and family
- A new Web Developer module that allows students to create their own mobile and web apps that can be shared with friends and family
- An adaptive personalized learning system that recommends extra practice levels when it senses a student is having trouble with a concept
- A new hint system that automatically provides assistance to users who are stuck within a level
- The ability for users to personalize their CodeCombat Hero (player persona) and add a Pet
- Dozens of new levels for its Learn to Code module that extend the curriculum to 2.5 years for elementary school, 1.5 years for middle school and 1 year for high school
Schools interested in a free trial of CodeCombat should visit https://codecombat.com/.