Canvas by Instructure, the open online learning management system (LMS) today released an integration with Google tools that allows students and teachers to use Google while working inside of Canvas.
- Single sign-on: With a single login, when users are logged into Canvas, they’re also logged into Google.
- Google Drive embedding and linking: Users can easily embed documents from Google Drive anywhere they use the Canvas rich content editor.
- Google Docs as assignments: With this new integration, students can submit Google Docs as assignments, and teachers can use a Google Doc to give an assignment and to grade submitted assignments in Speedgrader by editing or annotating the Google Doc submitted by the student.
- Google Drive collaborations: Students can participate in a Canvas collaboration using Google Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- Modules: Teachers can include a read-only Google Doc in their modules.
To learn more, visit https://www.CanvasLMS.com/