ASCD announces the release of seven new PD Online® courses for educators focused on differentiated instruction, Common Core State Standards implementation, and teaching students in high-poverty communities.
Four of the new courses focus on supporting differentiated instruction:
- Differentiated Instruction: An Introduction, 2nd Edition
- Differentiated Instruction: Teaching with Student Differences in Mind
- Differentiated Instruction: Creating an Environment That Supports Learning
- Differentiated Instruction: Leading and Managing a Differentiated Classroom
In addition, ASCD has released two new courses that use the Understanding by Design® framework to help educators implement the Common Core State Standards:
- The Common Core Standards and the Understanding by Design® Framework: English Language Arts
- The Common Core Standards and the Understanding by Design® Framework: Mathematics
Finally, a new PD Online course from ASCD author Eric Jensen called “Teaching with Poverty in Mind,” is now available. This course reviews current research on poverty and how it affects students’ physical and mental health, and consequently their academic performance.