AT&T today released a condensed Annual Update (opens in new tab) of key topics that links to an online library of details on more than 30 key areas, including:
- Supporting students (opens in new tab) most in need;
- Addressing resource challenges (opens in new tab) like water use;
- Exploring the power of technology through the future of “Smart Buildings;”
- Hearing from employees (opens in new tab) who are passionate about serving their communities; and
- Working with suppliers to reduce environmental and social impacts.
Highlights from 2013 include AT&T’s education initiative, Aspire (opens in new tab).
AT&T Aspire (opens in new tab) is AT&T’s signature education initiative, focusing on school success and workforce readiness. AT&T has invested more than $94.6 million over the past two years as part of a $350 million commitment. Employees are also mentoring students at risk of dropping out through Aspire Mentoring Academy. Through the program employees have provided students more than 339,000 hours of mentoring since the program’s October 2012 launch.
To learn more about AT&T’s Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability initiatives, visit People | Planet | Possibilities (opens in new tab).