PBS LearningMedia has announced a significant expansion of classroom tools for teachers and students:
- New productivity tools for teachers including a Lesson Builder, Storyboard tool, and Quiz Maker
- A new website for students: PBSstudents.org, which allows students of any age to create their own learning experiences
- Over 700 newly translated newly translated Spanish language videos, including content from NOVA and Ken Burns’The Roosevelts
Classroom Tips From PBS LearningMedia
- Flip your classroom. Get familiar with flipped learning through these PBS LearningMedia resources.
- Keep up-to-date on current events. PBS NewsHour Extra provides PBS LearningMedia with a Daily News Story. Included with daily video clips are standards-aligned lesson plans that help students understand the impact of major national and international news stories.
- Take your teaching to the next level with games and interactives. Use video games and interactives to challenge students’ problem-solving skills.
- Allow students to become creators. The new Digital Storyboard tool helps students bring their digital projects to life through video, images and text.
- Personalize and differentiate instruction. Videos and interactives explain complex concepts that may be difficult to grasp through text alone. For students who need more time or deeper engagement with a subject, self-paced lessons are a valuable instructional tool.