The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) today announced a K-12 school service providers' Pledge to safeguard student privacy built around a dozen commitments regarding the collection, maintenance, and use of student personal information.
The Pledge will make clear that school service providers are accountable to:
- Not sell student information
- Not behaviorally target advertising
- Use data for authorized education purposes only
- Not change privacy policies without notice and choice
- Enforce strict limits on data retention
- Support parental access to, and correction of errors in, their children’s information
- Provide comprehensive security standards
- Be transparent about collection and use of data
The Pledge and more information about how to support the Pledge are available at http://studentprivacypledge.org/.