Compass Learning announced today the finalists of its first annual Classroom Refresh Contest™. The 15 finalists will be narrowed down to three grand-prize winners in each grade category by a guest judging panel and through votes submitted by the general public on the contest site, www.classroomrefreshcontest.com.
The three classroom makeover prize packages include personalized learning software, hardware, professional development and support packages from Compass Learning, Education Elements, SMART® Technologies, and NWEA™.
The finalists will also receive a one year annual site license for all students in the finalist school for Renzulli Learning™ Project-Based Learning and Enrichment Solutionfrom Compass Learning and virtual Professional Development opportunities – a $5,800 value.
The finalists of the 2014 Compass Learning Classroom Refresh Contest are:
Kindergarten – 5th Grade:
- Doug Valentine’s class from Jess Harben Elementary in Richardson, TX
- Joe Giner’s class from St. Marys Intermediate School in St. Marys, OH
- Shelley Patterson’s class from Pick Elementary School in Auburn, AL
- Jessica Holmes and Cari Hamlin’s class from Westridge Elementary School in Frankfort, KY
- Jennifer Dragotta’s class from Conway Elementary School in Conway, SC
6th – 8th Grade:
- Dorothy Henson’s class from Algonquin Middle School in Des Plaines, IL
- Vanessa Colon-Payan’s class from Paso del Norte School in El Paso, TX
- Sherry Teson’s and Mallory Duncan’s 3rd hour students from Selvidge Middle School in Ballwin, MO
- Sherry Teson’s and Mallory Duncan’s 4th hour students from Selvidge Middle School in Ballwin, MO
- Shannon Goerke’s classroom from Leonardo da Vinci School in Green Bay, WI
9th – 12th Grade:
- Kristina Acevedo’s class from Alternative Learning Center in Rosenberg, TX
- Max Ormond’s class from Tenor High School in Milwaukee, WI
- Gina McCarley’s class from Lawrence County High School in Moulton, AL
- Julia Coots’ class from Portland High School in Portland, TN
- Debra Desmond’s class from Robert Morgan Educational Center in Miami, FL
Public voting on www.classroomrefreshcontest.com is open through 11:59:59 a.m. EST on December 1, and grand-prize winners will be announced on or about December 10.
The guest judging panel that will help determine winners is comprised of eleven leaders in the fields of education and technology, and includes Tech & Learning's Executive Editor Christine Weiser.