LEARNING OUTSIDE THE BOX: CREATIVE LEARNING SPACES
By Sascha Zuger
Don LaBonte, co-director of Convergence Academies—a three-year initiative through the Department of Education to test theories around connected learning to enhance curriculum—chats about the benefits of creative learning spaces.
THE ISTE ISSUE
T&L offers this collection of ISTE highlights, including opinions and takeaways from our advisors, highlights from Kevin Hogan’s video interviews, and the winners of our “Best of ISTE” contest.
• WHAT THEY SAID
• ISTE 2016 BEST OF SHOW TECH&LEARNING
THE FUTURE OF PD: A COLLECTION OF BEST PRACTICES
By Tara Smith
One thing is clear: “sit and get” has got up and gone. Today’s PD has to prepare teachers for “a new way of teaching and learning. From various online options to teacher-leader models and more, districts are taking new methods and ideas on board.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
• SIIA Releases 2016 Vision K–20 Report
• New Research Measures Impact of Space on Connected Learning
• Teachers Want to Make Virtual Reality a Reality
• K–12 Cloud Possibilities
• Top10 Web Stories
• BLOG BITS
• TOP TWEETS
• Seeing RED at ISTE : The Latest Edtech Findings
• SITE WE LIKE
• T&L READER SURVEY DID YOU ATTEND ISTE THIS YEAR?
• APPS OF THE DAY FROM TECHLEARNING.COM
• How Does Classroom Design Affect Student Engagement?
• Supes More Optimistic Than Principals About ESSA
• SURVEY EXPLORES TECHNOLOGY NEEDS
• CLASS TECH TIPS