SUPPLEMENT: The Leadership Issue
The Big Ten
Some of our honorees have been working in education for decades. Others have only appeared on the edtech scene far more recently. All of them are making a lasting impact on the future of U.S. schools. Reported by Holly Aguirre.
Leaders of the Year Meet the four winners of the Tech & Learning 2014 Leader of the Year contest. Also included are Honorable Mention winners. By Ellen Ullman:
Leader of the Year: Carl Hooker
Leader of the Year: Lisa Gonzales
Leader of the Year: Debra Jackson
Leader of the Year: Txe Kolstad
The Leadership Issue: Honorable Mentions
The Realities of 1:1
By Ellen Ullman
Tech & Learning interviewed 1:1 districts to see if there were any steps to take—or to avoid—to ease implementation and everything thereafter.
School CIO: How to Fix Your Bleeding Heart
Tech & Learning’s Christine Weiser spoke with two edtech experts to get their tips to keep your school’s networks secure.
Tech Forum Conversations
The latest and greatest ideas and insights from Tech & Learning’s day of professional learning.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
News & Trends
• Top10 Web Stories
• BLOG BITS
• TOP TWEETS
• The Pros of Moving to the Cloud
• T&L Reader Survey: Do you allow students to use Wikipedia?
• Site We Like
• Initiating BYOT? Get advice from a PLN
• Top Online Summer Programs
• 5 Ways to Use Social Media On Your Next Museum Trip
• Turning wasted time into study time
• Apps of the day from techlearning.com
• Grants & Contests
• Little Knowledge of—But Keen Interest in—Coming Changes to State Accountability Tests